What’s new in Pausly, December 2022
This is the monthly update about everything Pausly. November has been a very busy month, and lots of interesting and fun features have been added to Pausly. Let’s get to it.
PauseWithMe is now Pausly
As explained and outlined in the previous blog post, we have decided to rename the app to Pausly. For this change we also had to create a new Telegram bot called
PauslyBot so make sure you link your account again, if you haven’t done so.
New audio implementation
Due to a lack of stability with the previous library we used for the audio chat, we decided to completely rewrite the audio chat system! We’ll write a technical post about the implementation soon (it’s about finite state machines and WebRTC) but what is important for you is that calls should be a lot more reliable now, and you can also see the connection status of individual users.
There is however still a small issue with the audio quality (it sound’s a bit metallic), which we will fix in the coming weeks.
A new feature that we at Pausly love personally are reactions after a session. Once a session is completed, everybody that participated can send cute emojis to feel just a bit more connected.
This is just the beginning, we plan on adding richer interactions that make sharing your effort even more fun.
See achievements & outfits of others
Another feature we added when you finished a session, is the ability to see achievements and outfits that others have received after a session. So now everybody can envy you for the “Go Vegan” T-Shirt you just got or be happy they have participated in your “Group Therapy” achievement.
We try to add Exercises constantly, and November was no exception. We added seven new exercises this month:
We hope you’ll like them as much as we do 😀
In addition to new exercises, five new outfits have been added, two of which are legendary. But we don’t want to spoil the surprise, so you’ll have to get them yourselves to see them.
To get the new legendary outfits, you’ll have to do a session at Christmas, and/or on the 1st of January 2023!
Visual robot changes
We’ve spent some time fine-tuning the robot a bit. As you can see in the title image the changes are subtle, but it should look more friendly, functional and gender neutral.
In addition to these tiny changes, now there are also contact shadows which make it easier to understand when something should be firmly on the ground or floating above.
Other improvements and fixes
In our effort to get Pausly to a stable Beta version, we have worked on fixing a few issues, as well as adding features. Here are some of them:
- There are now sounds when users join a session or the audio chat.
- The outfits on a profile page have always been in a random order. Now they are ordered by the time the user got them.
- Achievements are now stored in the database (instead of being derived from the statistics of the user). This means that you’ll now also know when you received an achievement.
- With a public beta launch getting closer and closer we took some time to make sure that Pausly is properly indexed by search engines.
- We fixed a small issue with animations flickering sometimes.
And finally, let’s not forget that the blog itself has been added this month! The blog also has an RSS feed, so if you want to stay up to date, you can subscribe to it in the newsreader app of your choice.
The thing’s we’ll focus on next ist making sure that the app is as stable as possible. That means fixing some long standing issues:
- Improving the audio quality for all users
- Fixing an issue where some users (mostly mobile users) are marked as “Left the session” although they are active
- Anything else we think should be fixed before a Beta release.
Thank’s for reading, and happy pausing! 💪